Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Flickr Mashups

The tools here on the FD Toy's site are awesome! There are so many that I would be able to use in the classroom setting.

First of all, the Trading Card application was one that I could use to create "animal" trading cards to use in a life science or environmental science class. I have created my own in the past using Microsoft Word. The application within Flickr would make this much easier.

Also, the Jigsaw application was interesting. I've been looking for a site that will allow me to create a jigsaw of pictures to use as actual puzzles in my classrooms or as a poster. Either or, this application was quick and easy to use.

MAP MAKER!!!! I love maps so this is very exciting. I would like to have the ability to upload my own maps though. Guess that I will have to continue searching for another application for that! Still, I like this feature for some lessons I might do!

No comments:

Post a Comment